Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 31: 'Princess and the Mom'

I have been thinking about this a lot today and I want to apologize if anyone was offended by the extremely unflattering self portrait I put up yesterday. Most people know I am a complete goof and since I was on the edge of being deliriously tired I wanted to have a bit of fun. Hopefully everyone got a good laugh at my expense, goodness knows I did, :-D.

So today was Hump Day and it went about fairly normal. Extremely busy at work (ready for that to stop), and rode into Durham and Mom brought me over to the house.

The organic centerpiece is almost ready for Mr. DeMille's closeup but then another random inspiration crept up.

When we first got Smudge, even we couldn't get near her and we are her 'humans'! So the first couple of times Mom saw her she wanted to love on her and Smudge wanted none of that, she was super MIA. Tonight right after dinner, look who calmly lounged in her perch while Mom loved on her. Truly a defining moment between the two, haha.

I tried Spam for the first time tonight. Honestly it's not bad. I am not going to eat it every meal now but I tried it and it wasn't a freaky experience. Then again Barbara cooked it with pineapple chunks and a great sauce so that always helps. Barbara is such a wonderful cook; she created a SPAMasterpiece.

Ok so again it's short but I am struggling with writer's block and trying to find my voice again so to speak. I shall return tomorrow!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done, my Love! Looks like your 'block' was not as bad as you thought. (Stop over thinking the thinking, silly!) As for the Spam.... we will not be having that again, but bravo for wanting to try new and different things. You've come a long way, Baby...=)