Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 48 "Are ya seeeepin'?"

Hello again everyone!

So here I am again, filling in for our Brad while he continues to recuperate. (I am hoping he will feel more like himself tomorrow so that he might reclaim his place here at YOP.) Brad has been a bit better today, managing to only go thru one roll of tissue instead of two a day; Small progressions. He has not had a fever today and things seem to be ‘breaking up’ a bit. Managing a chicken Swiss sandwich and fries from Wendy’s for dinner, did appear to not be the best idea he has had lately, but he ate well none the less.

He has agreed to strip down the entirety of the bedroom for which he has been confined, tomorrow and wash everything. It currently smells something like French fried death…. I’ll leave that envisionment to you.

While I was wondering the remainder of the house today, untouched by the ickies, I happened upon something that I know would make Brad smile. Smudgie was high on her new perch, curled into something that resembled a spotted angora pillow, sleeping. Since bringing her home, I have sought to reciprocate her antagonistic waking rituals at every opportunity. She doesn’t like for me to sleep beyond 6 AM, because everyone else, she must believe, would like to go out at that particular time. (I don’t know what to expect when we have the time change!) She never bothers to address this issue with Brad; how fortunate he is. Once I have let everyone out that wishes to go, I am available to go back to the soft, warm spot in bed to resume my slumber. She can be so good to me. *sigh* Now, at every opportunity, I walk to her current perched placed, and stroke her fur the wrong way saying “Are ya seepin’? Are ya seepin’? Wanna play?” Today was no exception. So without further a due, our Smudgie, pictured below, ‘seepin’.



As always, say a little prayer that Brad comes back soon, just ‘cause he’s so much better at this than I! Please leave your comments and well wishes either here or at AYearofPictures@hotmail.com he loves to hear from you!

No comments: