Today was a good day overall and I was very glad to get home to everyone.
The past 2 summers Barbara, my Dad, and I have grown a garden in our backyard here at the house. Last year's garden was huge, topping out at about 300 square feet and hosting a plethora of vegetables including lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, onions, potatoes, gourds, pumpkins, green beans, etc.
Well we learned a lot about what we could do better this year and we took note of how we could change the layout to work better for some of the veggies. Looking at it as a whole though we harvested a lot and it was a rousing success. I will freely admit that Barbara and Dad did most of the work but part of that was because I took the job in Raleigh and I was never home to help out as much as I would have liked.
So this year we are starting early and I will start to cultivate this year's crop now in a starter kit.
We'll see y'all tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment