Hope everyone had a safe and happy Saturday! It was snowy in the morning here and then just over cast for the rest of the day. Luckily nothing stuck to the ground, so driving conditions were good, but man the wind blowing made it cold.
Barbara and I got up this morning and took Sunny and Pooh to the vet's for shots.
Pooh is usually fine with this as he gets to go somewhere and ride in the truck. Traveling is one of his favorite things to do so there is no complaining from him or trouble in getting him to go. Also, when he gets to the vet's he is showered with attention. There are new smells and people to investigate so he is just beside himself with joy and excitement. Of course at one point he got a treat from one of the nice ladies at the front desk. He can never sit or lay down for longer than a few seconds and honestly, I don't even know if he noticed his bordetella shot. I am sure that he did, but it couldn't have been for more than the time it took to administer it.
Now, Sunny is a different story altogether. We have a nice mesh cat carrier with wheels that he stays in when we take him to the vet, but boy he does NOT like it. I guess I can't blame him, he is an indoor\outdoor cat and all of a sudden he is in a cramped space, unable to get out; he rides in a car, then sits in a strange room where everyone talks about him, but no one helps him out. Barbara and I do our best to put our hands in the carrier to pet and love him just to try to keep him calm and loved, but the moment another dog, person, or cat, enters the room, he is jittery once again. He cries a bit, but to be honest, he takes it pretty well. Sunny is the one who received a general wellness exam today, got his rabies and RCPP shots, then a fecal check. It seems everything was good and obviously since he is huge, he is 'healthy' looking, haha.
Barbara and I had a nice discussion with the vet about trying to fight the never ending flea and tick problems with Sunny, Pooh, and Smudge. He gave us some good advice and mentioned a treatment for Pooh that is pretty new, to work with his current treatments, but highly recommended because it requires minimal effort to administer and has maximum effect and about the same price as the current treatment. So we'll see how everything goes there.
Barbara and I had a nice lunch at Arby's, then went to one of our favorite places in Durham, 'Everything but... Grannie's Panties' - an antique and thrift store near our house. We go there semi-regularly and depending on what we see, we might pick up a thing or two here and there. Today I couldn't pass up a cat treat jar for a $1.50 that said 'Good Kitty' on it. We checked out a couple of other antique places we like to go, but didn't really see anything else that we wanted. When we got home I put the cat treats in the jar...
Well that about does it for today.
Tomorrow, Barbara and I are looking forward to cheering the Saints on to victory in the Super Bowl!
See y'all then.

No comments:
Post a Comment