Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 49: 'Wow, I'm back... barely'

Okay, so I have managed to crawl back to YOP after 4 days of, excuse my french, pure sickness hell.

First I want to thank my beautiful and amazing Barbara for not only taking care of me so well during my days in quarantine, but for also stepping in so ably here at YOP. I found her posts really great and I feel that the ol' blog here did not miss a beat.

Well, I have hopefully rebounded from one of the worst illnesses I can remember having at least since the great Norovirus week of 2006 which had me completely out for 5 days. I know everyone gets sick, and I also know that some have been much sicker than I was this week but, this was AWFUL in my humble opinion. Even though Barbara has covered this in previous posts, I had a fever that would just not go away, and a bad fever like that is just nasty. I could not get comfortable without the fever for 3 days. Also, I don't remember a cold\flu (because I am still not convinced which it was) leaving me so extremely exhausted. I could not walk any length without being completely taxed. The invasion raging in my sinus cavities and my nasal passages was horrendous. I would take medication to try and help that and no matter what I took the pain of the dried out sinus ignited a stupendously incredible migraine that basically stayed full fledged for 2 days. This was the most unbelievably bad stretch of 4 days that I have physically felt in a long time. I am grateful to being feeling much better today and I hope to not be this sick again for a long time. I did not leave the bedroom except for the 20 minute test ride on Friday for 4 days, hell I didn't leave the bed for 4 days. Wow, it was just bad, bad, BAD.

So today I was able to get up and moving and my voice has returned almost to normal. I am still dealing with some congestion issues and the remainder has settled into my chest, which is nice. I have developed a slight cough and when I breath it feels as though someone is pushing on my chest...good stuff.

I began the decontamination process in the bedroom today and so our picture comes from that. Actually almost the same picture from Day 45, except without me dying in the middle of it.


Ok so I am going to hit the hay since I will be going back to work tomorrow after being out for the last 3 days last week.

Take care

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have returned to the land of the living. Barbara did a great job of filling in for you.

Love ya,
M