I was blissfully asleep at the late hour of 10:30 am today when I was roused by a ringing doorbell, a barking dog, and then a few seconds later, by my lovely girlfriend. I was a tad irritated to be woken from such sweet slumber so I needed to know who had disturbed it.
It was a great reason folks. Even though I was fine staying asleep, I was excited to hear that it was none other than the seldom seen, ever elusive phenomenon known as my Dad.
He had come over to deliver my tax forms that I need to sign and submit and he also wanted to see our 'new' couch and the new paint job in the office and the dining room. I am so fortunate that my Dad does my taxes for me. He does a great job and I am eternally grateful that I can turn to him for help with that. Also the couch is not that new (we got it in October), but Dad had not been to the house yet to see it.
We had a great time visiting and Dad got to see Pooh and Sunny and of course they loved the attention. We relaxed on the couch and talked about some plans we had for the garden this summer and also Barbara and I got the go ahead from Dad to plan a birthday party for him here at our house on March 13Th. We are excited to be able to start planning for that.
Well here is Dad popping up at our house and giving Pooh some much needed attention (purely joking as Pooh gets plenty of love from us every day, ;-D).
Barbara's New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl tonight so we are very happy about that. Even as a Dallas Cowboys fan i couldn't be happier for all of New Orleans and their fans, they couldn't deserve it more!
We'll see you tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment