I got up much earlier than usual today for a good reason. It was time to get my haircut. Since I don't get home until 7pm every night, I don't have a chance to get by my barber's shop, because he closes at 6. I am very picky about my haircuts and will only go there because the barber just happens to be a long time friend from way back when we were in high school. His name is Toby and he has been cutting my hair ever since he got his license. He has had his own shop for several years now and even when I was in Greensboro, I would drive to Durham to see him and get my hair cut.
So, Toby opens the shop at 8am every morning but he is gracious enough to open early on the mornings I need to get my haircut. The first time we set this up we agreed he would much rather come in early then stay late and that is how it has been ever since. He is a great friend and for him to adjust his morning hours to meet me means a whole lot. We have a great time too, cutting up, talking sports, and listening to the jokes he's learned since the last time we saw each other. He's also married to the sister of a girl I went to middle and high school with and they have a small daughter and, as I found out today, a son on the way. He also has become a runner and does half and full marathons.
I really kicked myself hard today because this morning I was so tired I completely forgot to take my camera to the barbershop. You get the pictures below which show my lack of hair, and the next time I get a trim I will take pictures of my buddy and his shop.

No comments:
Post a Comment