Last year, Barbara and I went to the Plant Shop on Guess Road in Durham and I bought her a Peony that she and I thought was one of the most beautiful plants we had ever seen. The blooms were huge and smelled so good. We got it home and after a while Barbara planted it over near our 'rose garden' where I made my rose bed. When it died off we wondered if it would come back and we were absolutely thrilled to see brand new stalks of the Peony coming out of the ground this weekend. So even though I had to take these pictures in the dark, below are pictures of the new Peony growth, my two rose bushes in my rose bed, and the last is a picture of our 'Seven Sisters' rose bush which climbs on our fence and was actually here when we moved in. Our landlord Edna loves this rose plant and says that you just don't see them anymore, even more reason for Barbara and I to nurture it.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Day 86: 'Peonies and Roses'
So Barbara and I are very excited about spring because all of our flowers are once again going to bloom and our plants are going to come back healthy and green.
Last year, Barbara and I went to the Plant Shop on Guess Road in Durham and I bought her a Peony that she and I thought was one of the most beautiful plants we had ever seen. The blooms were huge and smelled so good. We got it home and after a while Barbara planted it over near our 'rose garden' where I made my rose bed. When it died off we wondered if it would come back and we were absolutely thrilled to see brand new stalks of the Peony coming out of the ground this weekend. So even though I had to take these pictures in the dark, below are pictures of the new Peony growth, my two rose bushes in my rose bed, and the last is a picture of our 'Seven Sisters' rose bush which climbs on our fence and was actually here when we moved in. Our landlord Edna loves this rose plant and says that you just don't see them anymore, even more reason for Barbara and I to nurture it.



Last year, Barbara and I went to the Plant Shop on Guess Road in Durham and I bought her a Peony that she and I thought was one of the most beautiful plants we had ever seen. The blooms were huge and smelled so good. We got it home and after a while Barbara planted it over near our 'rose garden' where I made my rose bed. When it died off we wondered if it would come back and we were absolutely thrilled to see brand new stalks of the Peony coming out of the ground this weekend. So even though I had to take these pictures in the dark, below are pictures of the new Peony growth, my two rose bushes in my rose bed, and the last is a picture of our 'Seven Sisters' rose bush which climbs on our fence and was actually here when we moved in. Our landlord Edna loves this rose plant and says that you just don't see them anymore, even more reason for Barbara and I to nurture it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment