Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 10: 'Special Guest'

What is up everybody, I have made it to double digit days and pictures (or 'daytures' if you will), with blog post number 10. Thanks again to those who have stopped by and I hope more will check it out.

Today was a fun day because usually on Wednesdays Barbara and I host a guest for dinner at our house. This guest is gracious enough to give me a ride home when I get off at Durham Station after work so, amongst other reasons I thought she should be photograph 10 here. On Wednesdays when I arrive in Durham this person is nearby so it is convenient for them to give me a lift. That and well I should see this person at least once a week I suppose, unless of course she has something better to do on her schedule. ;-D

So who is this mystery person? Well guess no more because my friends here she is...

My mother Mary Lee Bailey, who is on the left, is a semi regular guest at our table on Wednesdays and was the perfect subject for today's post. Here she is laughing at Barbara, who is trying to hide behind our giant spathiphyllum 'Herschel'. Mom is at church on Wednesdays at hand bell practice so since she is less than a block from the station I just walk up there and she gives me a lift.

Mom was very self conscious about tonight's pic-n-post but she can breathe a tad easier knowing that out of the several pictures I took this has made the final cut. It had the 'real life' feeling to it that I would like most if not all of my pictures to have. A very genuine moment I thought and one that I am very glad to share with all of you.

We had a lot of fun and a wonderful dinner of spinach salad with sliced eggs, bacon crumbs, and a homemade honey vinaigrette dressing; as well as cornbread stuffing and barbecued pork chops. Yes people, we eat good at our house. ;) It was delicious and then we hung out for a while. Finally I took the garbage out and Mom made her way home.

Well that's about that, now we're on the home stretch with 2 more days before a 3 day weekend!

Everyone take care and we'll see you tomorrow.

No comments: