Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 8: "Mmm mmm good!"

Welcome back everyone and the first full week of 365 in 365 is in the books. I must say I'm happy to have made it to the mini-milestone and it has made me even more excited and more committed to see this thing through.

I was remarking to Barbara on the way home tonight that I feel as if I don't have enough variety or inspiration during the week for pictures as I might on the weekends. Sure, I could go out and take a picture of anything and throw it up here, but I want to capture things that are a part of my daily life. I want to photograph things I see everyday or maybe something new that affects my thinking or something old that I have been dying to document. So yes this means I am hard on myself and my own biggest nit picky critic.

Barbara looked at me when I said this and she said "I just don't think you're being as creative as you could be then because there are plenty of things to take pictures of during the weekdays". Well that struck me during dinner tonight where I was having another one of Barbara's amazing meals (cous-cous and jerk chicken). I always want dessert after dinner so I walked to the pantry and started digging. When I came out I had killed two birds with one stone, I was going to have dessert and the photo du jour. Everyone meet contestant number 8:

Oooh yeah!!! Cinnabon Cinnamon Streusel and yes I BAKED THEM. I stick to the small and easy stuff (translation: boxes with pre made mix and simple instructions). Haha.

Yep I had two a little while ago and they are good if I do say so myself. A resounding success on Day 8 and in the kitchen as well.

See ya on Tuesday.

No comments: