Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 11 'Danger, Kitten at Play'

Happy Thursday to all the folks out there.

Today was an average day for both Barbara and I and I thought it'd be a good idea to use today's post to introduce our 3rd 'kid', the aforementioned yet never seen Smudgie Beans Bailey. We got Smudge in August 2009 from the Orange County Animal Shelter. She has been equal parts joy and terror to us, Sunny, and Pooh. She was very skittish early on (even when we got her at 8 weeks), and she still runs from just about anything but she does spend more time around us and laying with us then she used to.

She was my idea and I picked her out so Barbara made sure everyone understood she is my cat. However I know she has bonded a bit more with Barbara, but I don't mind that at all ;-p. From the moment I saw her I knew she was coming home with us and I have not regretted it one day since.

She initially was going to be an indoor\outdoor cat, but since we have kept her in as a kitten, it would appear now that she is going to be a house cat for the rest of her life. We are just hoping our house, furniture, and sanity can survive that. I will say she is one of the prettiest cats I've ever seen. Barbara and I watched an episode of 'Cats 101' and from what we heard, Smudge is at least part Turkish Angora. She is all energy though I can tell you that!

So here is a picture of our little one getting medieval on a cat toy. She is dangerous when presented with toys, lol.
So there is Smudge. We named her that because she has a 'smudge' of calico color on her face that starts on the bridge of her nose and extends down her left cheek.

Well that's about all I can write, because I am so very tired. Hope ya liked today's picture and we'll see what we have tomorrow!

No comments: