Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 24: 'Trash Day'

Hey everybody,

One of the neat things about doing this blog is I get to share the ins and outs of my daily life no matter how mundane, weird, or strange. This is my life and the whole point is to bring people into it no matter what I am doing. I know I sound like I'm on a power trip, but I'm really not, it just helps me to know I don't have to bow to any outline or preconceived notion or expectation, it's just me.

So today was okay; a pretty good day at work and nothing really crazy happened. I did develop a migraine early in the afternoon and wasn't able to shake it until later this evening, but I managed to stay at work throughout. I am also having issues with a sore foot, but I think I will save that for a post in the coming days.

Aside from Wednesday evenings being when Mom comes to visit, it is also trash night. I go through the house and empty 8 trashcans (sometimes 10), and round up any recycling that needs to go out. Then I walk Mom to her car and drop the cans by the curb. Recycle only comes every other week now so I look forward to only having to push one can to the curb, haha. I usually think about trash duty sometime during my work day on Wednesdays, but it's more to help me remember to do it, rather than me having nothing better to think about, haha.

It is the weekly ritual and it's nice to be able to get it out of the house so it doesn't pile up. Good grief I know what that's like as I and my friends weren't the cleanliest when we were on our own in our late teens - early 20s.

So here is my big collection for this Wednesday. Yes, I know it's crazy, me putting a picture of the trash on here, but hey, this is part of my life. A routine part of it that deserves to be shared just like anything else I do.

Yep, I dutifully took this out and unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Okay so that's all and I'm hitting the hay; see y'all tomorrow!

No comments: