Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 16: 'Organic Centerpiece'

Hello all,

Today was back to the grind day but not too bad overall. A little tired but that's because I stayed up entirely too late last night. I tell ya I have really got to try and go to bed earlier, I am not in my teens\early 20s anymore, lol. Work was work and the ride home was uneventful which is always good and a blessing.

Barbara, who is always coming up with great ideas on how to improve the look of our home or to add some creativity to our decor, recently started what I think has the potential to be very cool and something I think will look fantastic once it finishes. Barbara has taken some small landscape stones, put them in some glass bowls we have, then put Paperwhite and Purple Crocus bulbs on top and filled the bowls with water. The bulbs have begun to sprout roots around the stones and hopefully within the next two weeks, our dining room table will be adorned with gorgeous fresh flowers that are living while they bloom. I think it's a great idea and I can't wait to see the finished product. I am especially excited to have them in the winter when as we all know things aren't coming up yet.

So here is the beginning of our centerpiece, I almost certainly will revisit this when we have blooms.

I have included a couple of Wikipedia links here about these flowers in case anyone would like to do more reading. Sure there were other sources but Barbara knows how I love my Wikipedia, haha. Have a wonderful and safe Wednesday everyone, we'll see you later.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_papyraceus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocus

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*sigh* I wish I didn't have to do this, but what I said was blues are inspirational and pinks are soothing and since I spend so much time in the office, I need a little inspiration every now and again to keep the kleenex boxes off of my feet. Otherwise, you are spot on. <3 B