Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 25: 'Oops... aka Graceless'

Ok so, today was not so fun because I got to spend the afternoon in the doctor's office.

Remember the post from Day 9? Yeah well, that day I had originally gone into the attic with no shoes on. I figured that I was just putting some stuff away so it's no big deal and since I'm already inside the house and it's just the attic, why wear shoes? So I do not have infinite wisdom I guess because at my size navigating the small, thin attic ladder is a bit tricky and can hurt when you just have socks on. Coming down the steps on one of my trips I stepped wrong and something tweaked because my right foot started hurting like crazy.

I thought I was a tough guy and it would go away because it was just a strain. Well, it didn't go away and each day my foot hurt a little more. Fast forward two weeks and yesterday and today I could not walk right because every time my foot flexed the top of it would throb and so I had a noticeable limp.

Quite a few folks including Barbara, Mom, and some folks at work suggested I go see the doctor. They were able to fit me in this afternoon and off I went. Dr. O'Donnell, my physician, pressed on an area on the top of my foot right below my pinkie and ring toes and I hollered out. He then ordered X-rays because I may have had a stress fracture...awesome (please note sarcasm).

Turns out nothing was broken so I have probably pulled the tendons in my foot and we still had the issue of pain and comfort. Well my doc had the best solution he could give me...


This is called a 'post op shoe', oh yeah, crazy sexy right there. This hot fashion accessory will be decorating my foot for a full week, then I should be able to go back to regular shoes. In two weeks if nothing has changed, I am to report back for further care. Hopefully this will be all that's needed. Barbara is calling me 'Graceless' now so hopefully that will stop in another week or so, haha.

Well that's the fun and awesome post for today. Aren't you glad you are now enlightened on what a 'post op shoe' is?

Off to WalMart to pick up a few things. Hope everyone has had a great week and I will write tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The "graceless" is actually a stab at myself as I seem to always be the one with 'ouches'. Bulging disks, crushed foot, stitches in the fingers, etc. are just a few of the fun things that I have taken on. Brad's ouch is just a destraction from my own. And yes, the post op shoe IS crazy sexy!