Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 26: 'Your beard is weird!'

Thanks so much to my good friend and hopefully new YOP follower Jessica J. Bowling for giving me unexpected inspiration for today's blog. This is awesome, the random stuff that makes this blog fun.

Jessica and her husband Matt are friends of ours. Jessica and I were hired on at Worden Bros. Inc. at the same time in October of 2005. We have both since left the company and Barbara and I were honored to be guests at their wedding this past spring. I called Jessica this evening to chat with her because it has been a while (my bad entirely) and because she has dutifully called or texted me wondering how we've been (again my bad because I am terrible at getting back to folks). I mentioned to Jessy that I had a blog and she asked me if was blogging about my beard and had I grown it out again. Well the light bulb exploded over my head! I have not done a post on my beard and how important it is to me. So thank you Jessy, hope you and everyone else enjoy this. Glad Matt's chops aren't here, my beard would be put to shame!

So this is my beard. I have grown it every winter in recent years because honestly, I like keeping my face warm in the cold weather. Rumors and theories abound as to why I grow my beard but the ol' do-it-to-keep-me-warm explanation has always been laughed off. Anyways I am glad I'm one of those guys who can grow one and I love having it. However, as soon as warm weather returns, this will come off and I will go back to having a goatee.

The title of today;s post comes from a saying in one of the corniest commercials I've ever seen. It was a 'Just for Men' commercial featuring one of my favorites, Emmitt Smith. With the weather bad and cold this weekend, thank goodness for the 'dirt' on my face.

A happy weekend to all, we'll see you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I want to see pictures of the beard weekly!!
Matt looks like a mountain man right now too, it's great. And i'm so glad you and Barbara were able to be at the wedding too!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.